Wednesday 17 December 2014

Music - Part 364 - 2014 Top 40 EPs and Singles




Another difficult list to compile and the first Singles/EPs one that I’ve done.  So much to contemplate and difficult to come up with any criteria.

In the end, I decided to do it based on singles and EPs that I’ve featured.  That in itself was a tough decision as some artists aren’t here despite releasing fine singles.  In the same way, I’ve developed a guilty pleasure for Pharrell Williams’ Happy single but that isn’t here.

It’s inevitable that there will always be something I wish I’d included, and artists like Snippet, Daisy Victoria, Kobadelta, Bernaccia and Feral Five should all really have more than one entry such was the strength of their releases.

Again, the list is in no particular order, but my love of perfect pop (no doubt influenced by  being a teenager in the early 80s) will always lead me to the quite superb song-writing skills of Johnno Casson (aka Snippet, aka Old Tramp).  For me The Sunshine EP, and the Remixed release are examples of sheer pop quality and if forced to pick a favourite of the year I’d probably have to plump for that. 

As usual, enjoy the music and click on the titles for a review.






















































































































































If you enjoyed this article please follow hiapop on Twitter here, and like on Facebook here.



No comments:

Post a Comment