Wednesday 2 July 2014

Music - Part 241 - Johnno Casson Top 10



DIY pop sensation and chum of hiapop Blog, Johnno Casson releases a new collection of songs under the Snippet alias, on 21 July appropriately called The Sunshine EP.  In the meantime, we caught up with the man and managed to grab a note of his favourite Top 10 albums.


"My top albums are an ever evolving list that can change from week to week and there are certainly some new ones on the block that could enter the list soon enough but they will have their time. When I paused & put my thinking cap on for a moment, these albums keep shining brightly and for the longest.  No particular order."

The Specials - The Specials

A time, a place, a scene, a skank!
Infiltrated my psyche & refused to leave. A killer debut album that remains timeless here, my punk rock.




Ian Dury and the Blockheads - Do it Yourself

The guvnor and the best band in the world. Songs that gave my soul hope




The Jam - Setting Sons

All Mod Cons made me wanna play the guitar, Setting Sons made me wanna form a band




Prefab Sprout - From Langley Park to Memphis

Great pop music in lyric, melody, tone & delivery




Marvin Gaye - Here My Dear

'What’s going on' was the pinnacle in album making in my opinion and I love it like a brother,brother,brother but it’s to this album I have been turning to lately when Marvin is involved-Is that Enough?.




Lambchop - Is a Woman

Warm toasty and relaxing, a recent arrival & proof that less is most definitely more






The Beatles – Revolver

Taught me lessons in pop music which stuck like glue, the 60's you say? Wow!






The Streets - Original Pirate Material
 
One of finest UK albums ever, established a template still utilised today.






Massive Attack - Blue Lines

Just bliss, much more than just trip hop, melody, rhyme, programming, voice, beat, song GO!




An Introduction to Nick Drake

Was the most played album in Snippet's house for 5 years running a few years back, I turned it on to relax and de-stress-it worked every time.




Thanks Johnno!





No comments:

Post a Comment