Friday 20 December 2013

Music - Part 158 - 2013 Festive 50





When I started making this list it was intended to be my Top 20 albums of 2013.  I managed it last year but found this year’s much much more difficult as there have been some cracking releases.

My first list had what I thought was 34 albums which I reckoned I could whittle down to 20 by being a little disciplined with myself.  Unfortunately, I’d counted incorrectly and found that I actually had 44 albums in the list!  Taking 24 out seemed a huge ask if not impossible, so in true John Peel stylee it became a Festive 50.

There are two tenuous inclusions.  One being the Dubs Unlimited album which was released on 12/12/12 and maybe too late for any end of year lists – as I didn’t hear it until after my own compilation was completed then I thought it only fair to add here.  The second is Secret by Mir which was released in July 2012.  Again, I didn’t hear the album until this year when a certain Martin Stephenson asked if I’d like to review it.  It seemed a huge shame that it should miss out.  It’s my list and I’ll do what I want with it!

As ever, I’d like to thank everyone at Louder Than War for introducing me to so much good music.  In particular, Reviews Editor Guy Manchester who has been an endless support throughout the year and is simply an all round nice chap. 

So, here it is, in no particular order, my 2013 Festive 50.  (Clicking on each title/artist will take you through to the album review).

Enjoy.








31.   My Panda Shall Fly – Tape Tekkno

































Please feel free to share and leave any (constructive) comments. 

ROLL ON 2014!


1 comment:

  1. Alliteration is always good when it comes to Crimble Countdowns ;o)

    Some interesting choices in there!

    ReplyDelete